There are many situations where a valuation of a business, its shareholdings, and its assets will be required, and Meer & Co’s forensic accounting team can undertake these business valuations and more relating to the following matters:
- For inheritance tax purposes when shares or assets in a business are not subject to relief from tax
- Professional negligence claims.
- Commercial disputes, an example being shareholder and partnership disputes
- For capital gains tax purposes, when businesses or shares are transferred between connected persons
- In matrimonial disputes
- Commercial transactions where buyers or sellers are looking for a guide price
- Transaction pricing
Our experts are also experienced in the valuation of partnership interests, stock options, intellectual property and other intangible assets, warrants, and the capitalised value of lost earnings.
- We offer an initial free, no-obligation telephone call or meeting
- We bring practical commercial insights to your project with our background in accountancy,
- We have the skill and expertise required to identify and consider the key factors relevant to an individual business and to assess the most appropriate business valuation methods to apply in each situation
- We consistently produce robust business valuations upon which key decisions can be based.
We have also acted in the capacity of party appointed shadow expert in order to assess the reasonableness of another expert’s business valuation. Shadow experts can either identify key areas of challenge to a valuation or provide a party with confidence over the reasonableness of a valuation as the case may be.