We have a dedicated team of personal tax advisers who look after all of our clients personal tax compliance matters.
Our dedicated team provide a comprehensive compliance service covering all of our clients’ obligations to HMRC throughout the year; ensuring filing deadlines are met, the correct amount of tax is paid over on due dates and all available tax reliefs and allowances are claimed. We find our approach and reputation with HMRC limits the number of our clients who are subject to tax enquiries but have specialist experience in dealing with these should they arise.
Our team are readily accessible to answer any questions you may have and will ensure that you are made aware of available opportunities to reduce your tax liabilities.
You may need to complete a self-assessment tax return for a tax year if any of the following applies to you:
- HMRC has issued you with a tax return.
- You have disposed of an asset.
- You have any source of income which is not taxed at source sufficiently.
In addition, you may wish to complete a self assessment tax return in order to claim any tax reliefs or allowances due to you, or if you have made losses which can be claimed for current or future use.
- Preparation and submission of Tax Returns or repayment claims.
- Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf.
- Advising on due dates for tax liabilities and securing tax repayments.
- Advice on NIC liabilities or repayments due.
- Advice on tax reliefs and allowances that are available.
- Advice on tax planning opportunities that may exist.
HMRC Enquiries and Investigations
We have experience of the various types of enquiries and investigations which HMRC may open into the affairs of private clients. Our specialist teams can handle all exchanges with HMRC on your behalf. We strive to conclude HMRC enquiries as efficiently as possible, with minimum disruption to you.
Our experience with private clients includes:
- Dealing with both aspect and full enquiries.
- Complex technical disputes on specific issues.
- Cases handled by HMRC Special Investigations.
We are also able to offer clients tax investigation insurance. For an annual fee, clients can insure themselves against professional fees that would be incurred should HM Revenue & Customs open an enquiry into your affairs